3 Groomsmen Suit Mishaps and How to Avoid Them
Who else thinks weddings will go much smoother if men listened to women? You do, right?
Of course, you do. 80% of the time, wedding mishaps are groom or groomsmen related. From organizing an x-rated bachelor’s party to wearing mismatched clothes at the wedding and getting drunk at the wedding party. So it’s safe to say boys will be boys. But it’s a wedding, and it can go smoothly if the groomsmen would learn from these 3 tips.
But of course, the groom has a part to play in calling his buddies to order. This is particularly important when it comes to the wedding outfit. Let me point this out, weddings are for brides, dear groom it’s your wedding too but you’re just the guest of honor. That said, let’s talk about the groomsmen suits. I threw a fit when my wedding pictures were delivered because Mike my husband’s friend forgot that he was supposed to wear a lavender tie and not a lilac tie. Totally ruined my wedding pictures. Well, my husband and Mike paid for that, they got some yelling.
Our dear grooms and groomsmen, you do not want to incur the bride’s wrath. To help you are these three ways you can avoid a suit mishap.
Getting the Wrong Fit
The only people in the world that can be excused when it comes to wearing an undersized or an oversized suit are babies. Why? Because they cannot help it. You can help it, it’s in the name; groomsMEN. You’re grown, adults. Let’s give you some tips on how to know if a suit is the best fit for you.
- Your jacket sleeves should not cover your shirt cuffs. They should leave at least half an inch showing.
- The inseam of your pants should not be too tight.
- Wear your pants below your belly button and ensure the cuffs do not bunch around your shoes.
- Don’t wear a jacket with some space behind your neck, it’s too big.
- Don’t wear a jacket that’s too tight. You’ll know this if you see an x shape on your chest after buttoning.
- You may want to go with wool suits, they fit better and look better.
This got me yelling at my husband and at Mike. Please, guys, know the colors you’re supposed to wear and get them. A lot of thought went into the choice of colors. Don’t ruin their efforts. You only have one job groomsmen buy what you were told. Because lilac looks very similar to lavender doesn’t make it lavender!
Here are some tips for you.
- Never wear white socks
- Don’t wear a belt and a suspender together, one at a time.
- Do not wear a long necktie with a tux
- Don’t button the last button of your jacket
- Brown belts and shoes should not be worn with a black suit
- Your shoes and belts should be of the same shade.
Last Minute Rush
You’re were given details for your outfit at least 3 months in advance, don’t leave it to the wedding eve. In fact, for all other tips to actually work, you have to avoid last minute rushes. Place your orders in time. Let the tux or suit rental store know exactly what you need two months beforehand. Send your measurements in time.
Doing this early will save you stress, outfit complications, and the bride’s wrath. Mike mentioned earlier actually got his outfit delivered on my wedding day. So there was nothing he could do to change the tie and he ended dressed like that to my wedding and ruining my perfect wedding picture. So get your outfit in time, it gives you enough time to make all the adjustments so you’d not look different from other groomsmen.
Rose Tuxedo is glad to offer their suit and tux rental services to you. Just make sure to place your orders on time and we’ll make sure to get it delivered at the said time. If there are issues, make sure to send the package back so we’d make necessary adjustments.