Guys, Winter Formal may be coming up at your High School (or College, whatever) so be prepared to look your best and impress all of the ladies—or be prepared to look like a fool if you don’t rent your suit or tux from Rose Tuxedo to look the best you can for this big dance.
- Full Tuxedo: Assuming it actually fits (like it will when renting from us), you’ll look like a super spy, celebrity, or just darn good. However, if you’re the only one at the dance in a tuxedo, you may look out of place—but at least you’ll look great. Avoid doing this if you’re going stag or with a group.
- Three Piece Suit: This shows that you understand fashion and you spent a little extra money for that third piece. It allows you to remove the coat while still looking extra-awesome. Some may view it as “trying too hard,” but your date won’t think so.
- Two-Piece Suit: Simple. Basic. Classic. You can’t go wrong here. Match your tie or shirt to your date’s dress and you’re a power couple.
- Suit that is too small: This looks like you bought a suit Freshman year and you’ve had a growth spurt. Don’t wear this. If you can’t move or breathe, or the world can see your elbows and calves, it’s time to donate it to a little brother or cousin.
- Suit that is too big: Hand-me-downs are a great way to save money, but not at the expense of looking like a little boy playing in his dad’s closet. Get it altered or save it for when you grow into it.
- Slacks and a dress shirt: This is great for a casual look (as long as all pieces fit, preferably with a tie added and nice dress shoes) but it also doesn’t look like you tried. If you want to impress the ladies, you better have some great dance moves if you show up like this.
- Slacks and a suit vest: This is a great alternative to the three piece (or even traditional 2-piece) suit. You may come off as a bit of a hipster, but you may also come off as suave and interesting. You’ll stand out, but you may get a little chilly—keep that suit jacket handy.
- Jeans and a dress shirt: You really look like you’re not trying. Or, like you’re trying too hard to not be trying hard—if that makes sense. This isn’t a middle school dance, class it up a bit, bro.
- Anything that doesn’t involve a dress shirt or slacks: Just don’t. You’ll look like you don’t care and it’ll be more impressive if you skip the dance altogether and go for a “I’m so over school dances,” attitude.
When you’ve got your date picked and she has her dress colors ready, coordinate and rent your suit, tux, or other options with Rose Tuxedo. Our prices can fit any budget and we’ll make you look (and feel) like a million bucks for the Winter Formal. Start planning now, guys! The ladies will appreciate an early invitation.