Our dear High School students, we have something for you again. You can always expect us to step up to satisfy your needs at the right time. And this time this year is the time to impress the ladies for the Winter Formal at your local school this year.
While most schools throw the Winter Formal in January as a sort of “Pre-Prom,” it’s never too early to get started. Let’s talk about ways to impress your lady friend (or potential dates) for the Winter Formal this year. Forget Prom, make this one amazing and you’ll have dates lined up for miles for the next dance.
10 Great Tips to have a Memorable Winter Formal in 2020
- Find a cute way to ask her! This could be a note in her locker, a cookie-cake, or any number of ways you can find online (try YouTube or Pinterest for ideas).
- Let her pick out her dress, then match parts of your suit or tux to it. If she wears a pink dress, consider a pink tie or pocket square. If she picks a dress with multiple colors, pick a couple of colors that go well together and include them in the corsage and one color with your tie or shirt.
- Don’t ask her to meet you at the dance. Even if you can’t drive or you have an old beat-up car, she’ll appreciate the ride and love to show up to the dance with the best-looking guy in school.
- If you don’t have a car and you don’t want your parents to take you, get some buddies together and rent out a limo or town car driver for the evening.
- Choose a nice, but not overly expensive, restaurant to take her to before-hand. It’s not prom, so no need to blow all of your money (or beg your parents for money).
- Don’t be afraid to dance when you get there. Girls love to dance. Girls in college love to go out to clubs to go dance, so middle school and high school dances are the closest things to clubs minors get. She’ll want to dance all night, and if you can keep up, she’ll be incredibly impressed.
- Slow dance with her. So many guys don’t want to slow dance, they’re only interested in the club styles of dancing. If she’s not into twerking or grinding (which no one would blame her) then make sure to slow dance with her every chance you get.
- Ask the DJ to play her favorite song. Extra brownie points if you can get the DJ to announce that the song is specifically dedicated to her.
- Make sure your suit or tux fits correctly. This is where rentals can come in handy. If you’re a freshman in high school, you’re very likely to need a different size tux or suit next year, so don’t waste the money buying one suit to last all through high school—you’ll end up looking goofy. Renting a suit ensures a great fit every time.
- Call her the next day. Whether you have school the next day or not, contact her. Don’t just text or DM her. Call her and let her know you had a great time. If she’s your girlfriend, call and ask her out on an afternoon walk or movie date. If you’re not dating, call and ask for a second date. Also, if you’re not interested in a second date, call her anyway and let her know you had a blast. Just be nice.
How to Find the Right Suit/ Tuxedo for your Winter Formal this Year
So you don’t have to trod the sidewalks going from store to store to find the right fit of tuxedo or suit for your winter formal, we’re going to share a tip that’ll make this easier for you. These are tried, tested, and proven to work from our years of experience in tuxedo rental .
1. Do a little Research
You probably have a mental picture of how you want to look and could have shared it with your friends. The next step should be searching for a suit rental near you. At the rental you’ll be provided with options, you can be given their store catalog to help you identify the look you want to pull off, or something similar. It would help if you go with a picture of what you want, as it makes for easier selection. However, you still may not find your perfect look, then the staff should be skillful enough to help you find something close to what you want.
2. Find a Perfect fit for you
Of course, you do not want an oversized suit either would you want a very tight one. It just wouldn’t look right. So, you want a perfect fit for you. When searching for suit rentals near me, ask the help of the store staff member, and let him/her assist you to find the best fit for you. A suit that seems tailored to your measurements would be the best.
3. Does the price fit into your budget
You want to have a budget, an amount you want to spend, and then stick to it. Remember that what you get is what you have paid for, so don’t be miserly. You want to employ the services of a suit rental in Arizona that will respect your budget. For example, you might have presented your budget to a staff member. What you want exactly may not be available at the price, but he/she should be able to give you options that are very similar to your first choice. After all, if it fits you and costs less, you win!
4. Classic is Gold
There are lots of experimental suit stores for the eccentric. As interesting as they may seem, you want a rental store that offers you classic cuts. Well, of course, you may not want to stick to the norm, but go for something creative, that’s alright. Whatever the case, you can never go wrong with a black or navy blue suit because these colors do not go out of style.